Monday, June 22, 2009

Book 34 of 52 -- Christopher Moore's Practical Demonkeeping



I have read this book a few times and I love reading it each time.

Chris Moore is one of my favorites... if not my favorite author.

Pine Cove, California is a strange place, full of strange people with a whole slew of problems without the seemingly young man and his demon, Catch, entering the picture.

In this book, we are introduced to a host of characters that defy proper description.

You need to read the book to truly grasps the absurdity and humor.

Catch is truly the star.

This is a demon full of personality.

The scene with the hotel clerk is probably one of the funniest I have ever read, and I will forever associate "magic fingers" with this crazy scene.

Despite his being a completely evil being, the reader has no choice but to fall in love with this Cookie Monster loving beast.

If you want to laugh, Moore is the author for you, and "Practical Demonkeeping" is a book you will read over and over again.

Oh wait.... I did.

:)

No comments: