Thursday, July 12, 2007

Book 33 of 52 -- Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore



Ok... so SZG and Mercimek all think that "Murakami is a friggin' genius...."

I decided to pick up the most readily available and lauded of his books Kafka on the Shore.

I spent a good majority of the book going... "Umm... c'mon!" but in the end, I understand completely why they think he is a genius.

I will only be able to drink Johnny Walker from now on because of the despicable stuff that he does....

Colonel Sanders has become cool.

This will only make sense once you read this Greek Tragedy written by an old Japanese guy in the 21st Century.

The book focusses on the lives of two distinct but interrelated characters who converge eventually.

I hate my review of this book.

It's bad.

Poop on a stick.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's difficult to write about a genius.

Unknown said...

Especially when I use the words poo and stick in the review.

hyb said...

So you drank the water, too. Let me know if you want to borrow his latest "After Dark." The story is just as crazy, but much shorter and faster-paced. Very good. I think the one I'd recommend the most is "Norwegian Wood," but I don't own that one to lend you. Poo on a stick.

Anonymous said...

I can lend you Norwegian Wood.

If you really liked Kafka, I'd read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

hyb said...

Yeah, that one's really good, too.