Thursday, July 05, 2007

Toll Takers in New Hampshire are Jerks Too

During my trip to New Hampshire recently, I rented a sweet as car for the final 45 minute drive to the resort.

I learned that New Hampshire and Massachusetts have a great deal in common.

I pulled up to the toll at the Massachusetts and New Hampshire border and since I didn't have EZ Pass with this rental, I got n the monster long CASH lane.

I pulled up to the attendant a good 8 minutes later, said "Good morning! May I please have a receipt?" And smiled.

She glared at me and took my dollar like the ex-stripper she probably was.

15 seconds later, she handed me my receipt and provided almost NO emotion at all.

Much like how I remember the toll takers in New Jersey.

What a pleasure that was and I am actually thankful for the experience

Seriously.

It reminded me of why I signed up for EZ Pass to begin with - to eliminate scrounging for change, having to deal with people, and saving time.

Thank you crappy New Hampshire toll taker for being the pleasant little turd that I expected and missed!

No comments: