Thursday, May 27, 2004

Hot Water Heater

When we had our new house inspected, we were told that we needed to do three things...

1. Rebuild the front steps.
2. Get a new hot water heater.
3. Check for oil tank removal paperwork.

1 & 3 were or are being taken care of.

#2 was on tap for this weekend. We were going to go out and buy a new one. as the old one is 20 years old or so. It was on our agenda!

Last night, Murphy's Law ran full force. I went down to check on my laundry (which is still sitting in the machine) and I stepped in a big puddle with only my socks on (THAT IS JUST ANOTHER HORRIBLE THING -- WET SOCKS -- BLECH).

The thing couldn't have waited two more days... could it?

The positive is that I caught it after only a few gallons had leaked. I turned off the valve... and now I am sitting here typing my blog while people make fun of me for not shaving. The laugh is on them though.. they don't know what I didn't wash. ;-)

No comments: