Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Rubber Band Ball -- Mine... ALL MINE

So... we recently gave a tour of our house to some new friends.

When we walked into the office, the female part of the couple was immediately impressed (I am not sure whether it was positively or negatively) at my rubber band ball.

I have been adding to this ball since 1992 when I started a summer job as a shoe store stock person.

I have NEVER purchased or taken a box of rubber bands to add to the ball.

Every single rubber band comes from something that I interact with.

For example, every single red and fat rubber band that has made its way aroudn the ball inthe past three years has been from my daily newspaper delivery.

As you can see, the ball is much larger than a battery and weighs a lot.



I once tried bouncing the ball inside the house, but it went off in a funky direction and smashed some of our cabinets in a way that made me very uncomfortable.



I never thought this was weird and so much so that I forget that I even have the ball until it is time to add the rubber bands that I have collected.

So...when our new friend got noticiably excited about the ball and reacted aggressively when she tried to pick it up, I was a bit taken aback.

Is it really that weird?

I never thought so... but maybe it is.

No comments: