Monday, August 13, 2007

Book 39 of 52 -- New England White by Stephen Carter



Alright... I moved away from drivel and read the super awesome quality second novel by Emperor of Ocean Park author. It is New England White by Stephen Carter.

This is one of the most intricate novels I have ever read and I thought that the first book was the most detailed book I have ever read.

THe book focusses on the upper crust African Americans and how they drive themselves in society. Far more interesting, from my point of view, is his dramatization of what drives the black upper class. Books in which a member of an ethnic group characterizes that group are too often filled with self hatred or viewed through rose colored glasses. Carter's is neither, which makes his characters believable. They have been deeply scarred by not daunted by their heritage and are clawing their way determinedly up the ladder, using all the talent, guile, resourcefulness and mendacity present in their human gene pool.

Good book folks... good book.

1 comment:

pija said...

me gust tu blog cm te llams ? yo me llamo sheila y tambn teng un blog esper k l veas y me pongas alg o k me cntx cuants aƱos tiens? veng xao bss