Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dancing With the Stars -- Part Two -- The Men

The Men's Turn

Some of my friends like to state -- You watch Dancing With the Stars? You must be gay. My normal response is something to the effect of... Jesus... did you not see how hot these women are? I might also throw in a comment about performing and how much respect I have for everyone on the show. It makes me miss the old days of acting...

Here's why I bring this up. Tonight's episode features the men and Tom BErgeron started the episode with something like... "Last night was about the women, but tonight it's raining men!!!!"

That doesn't help my anti-gay defenses.

Cameron Mathison -- After watching his pre-interviews from last night's show, I am fully prepared to hate him and Alan Reed, but Cameron is dancing with Edyta... Ok... DAMMIT... he had a disease that made him wear braces as a child... how the hell am I supposed to hate this guy? LEt's see him dance. The first thought? The people that design Edyta's dresses are amazing. His dancing seemed rough and rigid, but the ending was nice. The judges seem to agree with me... Good judges...



Tom's second inadvertent gay reference was just said "We have only seen the tip of the all man iceberg."

Floyd Mayweather Jr. -- Before even looking at a dance, he was my prediction of the non-dancers to do well since I have seen him box many times and he has some of the smoothest moves in the ring. THat's one reason why many consider him the best pound for pound boxer in the world... currently... He's cocky... and must get used to being part of a team. His dancing seemed overexcited and slouchy, but still better than I could ever do... He will do fine once he learns to control his physical abilities.



Helio Castroneves -- Alright... dammit... I love his partner... Julianne Huff. She has aged fifteen years in 6 months. He seems like a nice fella and seems to be genuinely enjoying himself. His laughter to me is infectious. He looks so nervous out there... I want him to win... he probably won't... but I'll root for him. The judges thinks he's a natural.



Albert Reed -- No... Stop trying to be charming... you are not funny or cool. Contrived turd burglar. He keeps refrencing how hot he is... but at least he recofnizes that he is the least famous person in the competition... and will have to earn it. Is that a white man's overbite? Don't worry about his routines... they will have plenty of gimmicks. The judges were confused by the gimmicks... but still gave him decent scores. Fakers.



Mark Cuban -- I am not ready to like him either... I don't like the way he handles himself in the NBA and as a public person either. Tangentwoman barely saw him and was already hating him. He's trying too hard and he is with Kym... a dancer that we both like a lot. His competitive side is something I respect, but his personality dominates it a bit and is on the obnoxious side. He wasn't entirely terrible, but I can't seem him doing the latin dances. Good luck Mark... you will be one of the first men out...



Wayne Newton -- Is he real? Is he fake? Is he George Hamilton? I am not quite sure. He's having fun, but that was incredibly painful. I like him as a person best of all the men. His popularity will probably get him to 6th through 8th. Good luck Wayne and keep having fun...and keep shooting those choreographed GUN FINGERS!



My early impressions of the men?

Floyd and Cameron probably have the best shot of the men... and I predict that a woman will win this year.

I will stop watching it though if it is that little round turd named Sabrina.

(Should I call her a turd? What's it to you?)

No comments: