Friday, March 07, 2008

Book 17 of 52 -- Sue Grafton's T Is For Trespass



After reading all of the reviews I really expected to like this book, but instead I found it quite boring.

The first half of the book mostly flitted from one subject to another, with Kinsey detailing what she had for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

There was no excitement...nothing pushing me to read "just one more chapter" before I put the book down for the night.

There are two or three separate sub plots and none of them were developed enough to reel me in.

This is a mystery story with no mystery - really.

There are no clues, no adventure, no whodunit, no excitement at all.

I'd guess that Grafton recently had to deal with an elderly relative having a bad caretaker, because that's all that happens in this book - an elderly man has a bad caretaker!

I'd also guess that Grafton recently got some reading glasses, since she has (38-year-old) Kinsey complaining about the tiny print on cereal boxes.

No comments: