Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Book 16 of 52 -- Bruce Campbell's If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a "B" Movie Actor



Okay, sure... you get some interesting insight into the struggles it takes to be a working actor in Stage, Film, TV and that spore-infested place called Hollywood. I certainly enjoyed anecdotes about the Evil Dead films, Brisco County Jr., Congo, Hercules, Xena, the X-files and more...

But lets face it, Bruce Campbell brings one thing to his roles that got me interested enough to buy the book in the first place: a sense of fun. And *that* is represented in his writing in spades. For proof, I merely had to catch my wife (whose usual reaction to any Bruce Campbell masterpiece is to groan in despair) happily reading this book herself... This turned out to be fairly easy, since every other page had her laughing out loud.

I didn't complain, since I had already finished it... I read the entire thing cover to cover (a fairly meaty 300 pages) within a couple of days. It's written in such a lively, engaging style that it was never put down for long.

If you're interested enough to read these reviews, then you're interested enough to buy the book and enjoy the heck out of it.

No comments: