Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Book 5 of 52 -- Kathy Reichs' Break No Bones



BREAK NO BONES is definitely worth reading as it is a good mystery with good characters and lots of action.

Temperance Brennan is at it again, finding bones where they shouldn't be and then becoming a player in a pretty complicated plot.

Tempe deals with a county sheriff who is not a typical stereotype in that while he needs to convinced before he takes action, he does eventually act upon real facts and does seem competent in his job.

Tempe also has the awkward situation of having her estranged husband and her lover together with her in one house.

I believe this was supposed to be somewhat comic, but I just got the feeling that Kathy Reichs missed on this situation.

The climax just seemed too hard to believe for my taste.

Nonetheless, this book was a page turner as I have found all the Temperance Brennan novels to be so far.

This isn't the best one, but it's much better than a lot of books I've read and so, I say, go ahead and give it a chance.

We also get to see a more human side of Brennan... that we haven't seen yet... so I was happy about that...

No comments: