Monday, February 21, 2005

Gettin' Reck-o-nized at the library.

Weird... weird I tell you...

Muh wife and I went to the library recently. The purpose was to get some books for our recent jaunt to Hawaii.

We arrrived mid-morning on a Saturday morning. I was dressed in a sweatshirt, jeans and hat while muh wife was dressed in jeans and a sweater.

When we walked in, a woman that I recognize as an employee of the library greeted us with a much too friendly greeting. It took both of us by surprise as we weren't expecting such a hearty welcome.

The welcome was pretty surprising. It involved a loud "Hello!!" and was followed by a turning of the body to face us and address us. It was as though she was waiting for our arrival...not what we expected at the library.

The look of astonishment on our faces must have triggered something as the employee quickly realized that we were not the person that she must have thought we were. She apologized pretty much right away and said that she was waiting for someone and it was ME that she thought she was waiting for. Muh wife and I said no problem and then went about our business.

THEN...About 15 minutes later, another employee came out of the back and did the same thing to us!!!

IT was another truly surreal moment.

I have no problem with being recognized, and I truly wonder who it was that they thought I was. Even so... it was a weird couple of moments and I can't even imagine how the famous people feel when it happens to them and it is legitimate!

Thank goodness I just have the fame of being The Smelmooo.... I couldn't handle anything else.

:)

No comments: