Saturday, February 19, 2005

Going to Blockbuster....



I had the unfortunate experience to have gone to a Blockbuster the other day. I wanted to rent a movie and all of our Netflix options were in the mail either on the way or on the way back.

I was quickly reminded why I hate going there... the lines were 800 people long and then they just charge too much for a crappy movie.

I even heard one of the employees tell someone that Troy was a quick watch. It should take him not much time at all. yeah... right... at 3 hours... that is a quick movie to watch.

The store also didn't have the movie I wanted to see most... so I decided to take my time and see if it would get returned... lucky for me..the guy in front of me returned the movie I wanted to see... lucky me.

A bit of news also came to my attention. This happened yesterday -- "New Jersey Attorney General Peter Harvey Friday said he has filed a lawsuit accusing Blockbuster Inc., the nation's top movie renter, of deceiving customers with its new 'No More Late Fees' rental policy."

The guy in front of me helped identify this bit of crappy detail out to me. Yeah..there are no more late fees at Blockbuster... there is a "Restocking Fee" that is $1.50. That is deceiving...

That should be the last time I go to Blockbuster for a long time.

This will be the first time I root for something from Peter Harvey and hope he is successful with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to work for Peter Harvey. He was very nice, but a giant tool. I wish him luck with this one as well but thank god every day for netflix. :)
-Shari