Thursday, February 03, 2005

This is classic...

I recently read the following news tidbit. The funny thing about it is... RICHARD MERKT is often considered the most conservative member of the New Jersey Assembly. He sometimes votes against helping kids with cancer... like some people I know would.

"About to become New Jersey's newest resident is former Crossfire host TUCKER CARLSON. The Washington Post reported today that the newly-signed MSNBC personality has 'put in a bid on a home in northern New Jersey.' Carlson on his new home state: 'When you live here, it's just Jersey. I'm embracing every aspect of it. 'The Sopranos' is a blueprint for life in New Jersey, as far as I'm concerned. I think we're going to live off Exit 13. I'm serious: Take a left at the chemical plant, those are the directions.' Republican Assemblyman RICHARD MERKT thinks Carlson might want to consider New York: 'Tucker Carlson hasn't even arrived here yet, and already he's declaring his complete ignorance regarding his new 'home' state. Do us all a favor, Tucker: find somewhere else to live! We already have more than our fair share of jerks without you swelling their ranks.' "

No comments: