Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Tennis Anyone?

Muh wife and I recently picked up a pair borrowed tennis rackets and old tennis balls to play a couple sets of tennis. We haven't played in so long and it was refreshing to pick up a racket again.

We played at a location foreign to us in so many ways:

The woman who rented the court to us was so sweet especially when she realized that neither of us understood some of the vernacular she was using. I still don't know what she meant by using the word demo...but she was a sweetheart and patient nonetheless

We were also surprised to play on a clay court. Neither of us have ever played on a clay court before and I can't speak for muh wife, but I have never enjoyed a surface as much as that.

I was worried that the ball would slide, but it seemed to bounce better and I had much better control of my wicked backspin.

I did the sliding and it was fun to slide like Boris Becker from the old days.

This is much to muh wife's dismay since my backspin is so wicked that I have been known to have it spin back at me into the net.

What a good time kids...much more fun than a concrete court.

1 comment:

m said...

i bet you just wanted to play tennis b/c you miss DANA so much! (btw - s sent me the link you sent her - thanks!!)