Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Have a Confession to Make...

... I am a beligerent game player.

I need to say a few things before I get into this too much.

1. I am one of the nicest and funniest people you will ever meet.

2. I am very competitive. I hate losing when I play poorly. I have no problem losing in the long run, but I must admit -- if you are going to play a game with me, I am going to do everything in my power to win.

3. Part of doing everything in my power includes bullying...

... this leads to my beligerent side.

I will pull out the stops and it is most evident when you play trivia games against me. Here are many of the tactics that I pull and to be fair to me... I tell all the people that I play games against that I play this way.. and I tell them all these "tactics" before we even start to play... but.. they still get mad at me.

1. I read each question in a different accent or I will act them out. It's amazing to see them get confused by muh voice... or annoyed. Either way... they are now distracted.

2. I will act out every single punctuation mark. That's right... I am the the quotes guy. I point at the player when it is periods and I will even curve my fingers when it is a comma or apostrophe. That's right... I am distracting you more.

3. I am not shy to say the following words "Oh come on.. just guess already... it's not like you are going to get it anyway... " or something condescending such as... "You are about 30 years too old to know this so it's alright if you don't know." Most of the people we play with... are about 30ish.

4. I will yawn or snore or antagonize until my opponents are finally pressured into answering me... It's just not nice... but I will pull out the stops.

Someone recently told me that I was beligerrent when I played a game and I had to concede... since I don't think that i have ever hid that fact. Then... muh wife and I kicked her and her husband's ass... three times in a row.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In #1, you failed to mention modest. And the part where you mess with people's minds when they're figuring out the answer out loud.
:)
Leslie

Smelmooo said...

Yeah... I know...

I want to state that I had an entire paragraph on that particular person, but I took it out...

It was more of a tribute to that person and not mocking, but still.