Friday, January 05, 2007

Jar of Fat

Yeah... you guys ready for this?

One of the many things that my mom taught me growing up is that you do NOT want to pour your grease and fat downt he drain. It will eventually build up and create a clog down there.

Growing up, I remember vividly that she would take empty jars and store one under the sink that had the sole purpose of storing fat and grease.

Muh wife and I think that it makes a lot of sense and we continue this trend. (The worst part is opening up one of these jars and breathing in the stench that results... ick...)

Our jar just filled up and I wanted to share it with you. I think it's about a year's worth of fat.

As KD and TD would say... "Good times... Good times..."


3 comments:

Kelli said...

This brings to mind a couple of things. 1. My parents taught me the same lesson. 2. We do it at home now. 3. The first thing that came to mind when reading the story was from the show Friends..."Awww, you were going to drink the fat!!" (Ross doing it for Rachel)

m said...

first....ew.

second, my friend's mom actually SAVES the bacon fat and then uses it to deep fry french fries in it. apparently it's really good.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my mom didn't teach me that lesson, but luckily Seth's mom taught him. Pouring the grease in the jar is the one job that he knows I will never offer to help with. P-U!
Leslie