Thursday, January 10, 2008

Book 3 of 52 -- Michael Connelly's Angels Flight



First of all... Angels is spelled right.

Second of all... I am leaving on a long ass trip that will find me with an ENORMOUS amount of time to read. I will be gone for two weeks and there will be one full day of travelling where I will be on a plane or in an airport for 15 hours... straight. Soooo.... I have a lot of the Michael Connelly books in paperback in hand... except for three of them. Those three... I got from the library...and I wanted to finish them first.... This is the second one of the three... and I am pretty close to finishing the third one at time of print....

Third of all... this book started out as another excellent murder mystery for one of my new favorite mystery characters.... Harry Bosch. A prolific black lawyer was shot to death probably by a cop as the lawyer sued the LA police force a lot on racial issues.

Connelly focussed a lot of the attention and effort on the post Rodney King era and how tense it was in Los Angeles at this time.

Then.... it took a pretty messed up and awesome twist that had me turning the pages like crazy....

This was easily Connelly's most ambitious novel for Harry Bosch up to this point....

If you can only ready one Michael Connelly book in your life... this is the one to read.

Seriously.

No comments: