Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Thanking My Teachers -- Smelmooo Style and Letter

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently and I decided that it would be appropriate to send some thank you notes to teachers I liked and who helped mold me when I was in high school.

I searched and searched on the internet and didn't find one example of a teacher thank you letter so I figured I would share them with you all and maybe someone in the blogosphere will find it and try it out themselves.

January 3, 2008

Dear Ms. Teacher,

It has been 15 years since I graduated from (Smelmooo's High School) and my life has taken a variety of positive twists and turns through the years that has led me to where I am now.

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently about who and what has helped to shape and mold who I am and how I look at things. I can safely say that my interaction with you during my time at (Smelmooo's High School) was one of those things.

So many kids leave high school with no sense of who they are and what they want to be when they grow up. They are never too young to work hard and be expected to do their best in school, and in life, for that matter. I can’t remember a lot of the specific facts of what you taught me, but I have a strong sense that when I left your class, I was a better thinker and evaluator overall.

I just wanted to take this time to thank you for your time and effort and let you know that your methods had a lasting impact on me for the past 15 years and for years to come.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for investing in my future by really making a difference in my life.

Sincerely,

Smelmooo, Class of 1992

3 comments:

m said...

they are going to LOVE this. when you work with kids, they weave in and out of your life and you don't often get to see what has happened to them as they grow up (unless they land themselves in jail or something). so good for you!

steakbellie said...

tell them how many books you can read in a day. Teachers love that stuff

Smelmooo said...

SIlly little Steakbellie.

Don't you have kids?

Shouldn't you be teaching them that reading is good?