Wednesday, January 09, 2008

J.K Simmons -- One of The Best Actors Out There



Tangentwoman and I went to see Juno recently... and yes... it is one of the greatest movies that we have ever seen.

Paperboy wrote about its awesomeness...

Mercimek wrote about its awesomeness... and even put up the really fun music up on her blog...

I think even Minnams wrote about it in between her house repair blogs....

Something that struck me about the movie was how incredible every single actor was in the movie.

yes... ELlen Page was awesome... Michael Cera played geek well... Jason Bateman is one of my favorite actors.. (I never would have thought I would have said that 5 years ago...), but J.K. Simmons was the actor who gave me the most laughs and kicks throughout the entire film.

He played Ellen Page's (Juno's) father.

We had just seen him play Chief Pope on a special The Closer episode where he plays an awesomely interesting and cool character...

He also plays the newspaper editor in the Spider-Man movies.

We also loved his understated performance in a mediocre art flick we just watched called First Snow.

He is really one of my absolute favorite "That Guy!"s in the business.

I hope he keeps playing these great roles in years to come.

I know many of you are shaking your head and going... who the hell is he really talking about?

I haven't even mentioned his most famous role yet...

That racist f*ck on Oz who banged Tobias in the first episode -- Vernon Schillinger.

Yeup... from anal raping white supremacist a$$hole on Oz to sweet loving and caring father in Juno.

The man can act... oh yes he can.

No comments: