Thursday, February 07, 2008

Go to School With Me -- I'll Make You Famous

Not too long ago, Tangentwoman and I were out to dinner with some friends of ours.

Our friends live in the town that I grew up in so it's always funny to go back to the places I saw all the time as a child... but as an adult.

While we were at dinner, a guy I knew from high school recognized me and came up to me to see what I was doing. He and I were in a bunch of plays together in high school and he was a pretty talented guy.

He gave me a quick update about his life too which included being back in New Jersey to visit his family while he was finishing up filming a pair of major motion picture studio films.

His name is Tom Malloy and he wasn't lying as he is making The Alphabet Killer and LoveN'Dancing. His career is taking a fun turn to the successful I hope.




I started thinking about other people that I went to high school with that also became pretty famous.

Ethan Hawke -- Ethan didn't go to the same school as me, but he was a good friend of one of my friends. We played kick ball together a couple of times when we were really young and he was a pretty big jerk then, but he has done pretty wel by himself.



Vera Farmiga -- Yeup... you don't know her by name, but you sure as hell know who she is. She was the lead woman and psychiatrist in The Departed. She was also in the remake of the Manchurian Candidate and played the Senator's daughter. She is making movies like crazy and is becoming pretty mainstream.



I wasn't really friends with her at all in high school, but she was in a couple of classes with me. She was also a quiet person and seemed very sweet. I am so happy to see her succeeding in life.

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

i used to beat up Tom Malloy for fun, and take his lunch money. Wuss.