Thursday, February 14, 2008

Losing Respect For People -- Happy Valentine's Day

I work in an industry where appearance is important.

I was recently at a meeting and I looked around the table and thought about the things that make me lose respect for people pretty quickly.

Hair Pieces -- I can understand why some people might resort to wearing fake hair on their head from a strictly vain perspective, but it never looks right. Seriously... it never looks right. Think about it for a second... have you EVER heard someone say... "Wow! Joe is wearing a hair piece. He looks great!" No... what you normally hear is... "Oh god... Joe is wearing a hair piece... how dopey."

Please people, don't get yourself a hair piece. You just look silly and no one thinks it looks great.

Longer Thin Part of Tie -- One of biggest pet peeves is the way that some people tie their ties. I am not talking about the types of knots as some people look better and can tie knots better than others. I really dislike and lose respect for people when the thinner part of the tie is longer than the front part of the tie.

It's just plain wrong and easy to fix. C'mon guys... fix it... You just look stupid.

Mispelling of Easy Words -- Can you really take someone seriously when they spell easy words wrong on big important documents such as a resume? I was recently going through the process of hiring someone and I got a lot of resumes. You wouldn't believe how many people had mispelled words on them. Simple ones too like Experience and my personal favorite... Education. I am not kidding when I say that one person actually had Edumacation on her resume.

2 comments:

m said...

and "a lot" is two words. not one, TWO words.

happy valentine's day to you, tangentwoman, and tucker.

*SWAK*

Smelmooo said...

Thank you!

I first read this on my Blackberry so I thought you were criticizing my grammar which is never perfect... but I get what you are saying now.