Monday, February 04, 2008

Really Lazy (?) Super Bowl Blog... LIVE!

Before this starts... I am having trouble deciding who to root for tonight. For those who know me, I hate both teams immensely... the Giants more though. However, I have a lot of friends that are Giants fans and I don't want them to be upset, but I really hate them... so I will take a pass there. The Patriots and the stupid tuck rule kept the Raiders out of the Super Bowl a few years ago so they annoy me as well and they are just so smug.

Side note -- I am an extremely competitive guy, but I NEVER make fun of anyone who's team loses in big games like this. Go ahead guys... for those of you that think I am wrong...think about it... I have never made fun of you because your team lost. Never... sooo.. may the best team win today...

Whatever... I can't decide right now so I am just going to have to continue dating your daughter (Nice reference Smelmoooo!)

Jordan Sparks lip-synched the National Anthem.... and she cried while doing it. Oof.

The roof is closed in Phoenix because it is FRIGGING cold there as it was all week when I was there. I wish I had packed better.

It is time for the coin toss. For the past 12 years or so, I have never gotten one wrong and my buddy Mike always had to pay me $5 -- this is one of the first years that we aren't doing that bet. I bet a nickel with Tangentwoman that it would be heads. I lost... this is a bad sign for me...

I would love for it to be Giants 5 and Patriots 8 OR Giants 9 and Patriots 0 at any particular point in the game when it says 0:00. Thank you.

God... I love football.. thankfully the writer's strike doesn't get in the way of this... the second greatest night of the year.

The game is underway!!!!!! Two running plays in a row for Brandon Jacobs... are they scared of Eli's arm?

The first commercial.... Bud Light... I think I will start a list of good, great, eh, and bad commercials. They will be below.

There are two minutes left in the first quarter and it has been an extremely underwhelming game so far -- Giants winning 3-0. That's the halftime score as well

Bill Belichek is wearing his dress up sweatshirt... what a dirt bag.

Is it gay to say that I might actually love this referee? Mike Cherry is so crisp with his hand signals and makes me happy when I see him. He always seems to have control of the crew and works hard. but I digress.

Soooo... Eli throws his first INT and I have to admit... that wasn't Eli's fault -- it was all Steve Smith's fault.

Middle of the 2nd -- Giants just sacked the Pats twice... wow... nice work.

Halftime.... I SWORE THAT THIS WOULD BE A SURE FIRE OVER BET IN THE OVER/UNDER 54 1/2 but... it is only 7-3. Ick.

We totally decided not to watch the halftime show and watched an episode of How I Met Your Mother instead.

I have been really good so far and waited this long to say this... but dammit... I hate Joe Buck.

Is the game still on? Oh yeah... 2:20 left in the 3rd quarter... ho hum... why am I so bored? Are both defenses just that good right now or are both offenses just that bad?

Still 7-3 after three quarters? Ick.

It only took three plus hours for them to make a Frank Caliendo reference/sighting. I almost made it... He really is everywhere.

I ate too much. This is when I admire Mr. Steakbellie. I ate a bunch of chicken strips.... oooh... tooo many.

Giants take the lead on an excellent drive by Eli... THat's right FBT... I said that Eli did a great job. Shoot me.

I still hate Joe Buck... and Aikman is still the same bumbling bobo brain as I am used too every stupid week...

Two minute warning... Giants down by four... driving to win...

At the one minute mark, Eli avoids a tackle like the most agile awesome player ever and throws this amazing ball that David Tyree catches in the second most amazing movement of the game. WOW... that was amazing. If the Giants win this, THAT was the key play.

This last two minutes has taken like 25 minutes in real time. Steve Smith has played like 7 games as a rookie and made an incredibly aware and professional catch.

Touchdown Giants -- Burress catches a wide open ball. Almost as wide open as Moss was on the other end for the last NE TD.

35 seconds left in the game, and the Patriots gotta go 74/75 yards. First play... incomplete, second play... sack, third down... incomplete, and fourth down... incomplete.

Giants win! Holy crap! That was a crap game for 45 minutes and the last quarter was awesome. At least I stuck with it and got a good end of game out of the deal.

Congrats friends of mine... that was a pretty impressive win.... they deserved the win and dominated that game. So answer me this... will Coughlin be back next year?

Great Commercials
Tide to Go Stain on Shirt Commercial
Budweiser Thunder & Rocky commercial -- certainly shows the power of music.
Coke Macy's Day Paragde Balloons -- Very Clever

Good Commercials
Bud Light fire breathing commercial
Diet Pepsi Max commercial with the Chris Kattan ending
Bud Light Wine and Cheese Party
Victoria's Secret commercial -- They are always good.
Amp Nipple Jump Starter commercial
Bridgestone screaming animals commercial
Fedex Carrier Pigeons
Toyota Corrola Ferret commercial
Careerbuilder Follow Your Heart Commercial
Bud Light Caveman commercial -- predictable but amusing
Life Water Dancing Lizards
Cars.com Witch Doctor
2nd eTrade Baby commercial with clown
Dog drinking Gatorade
Bud Light Will Ferrel
Justin Timberlake Pepsi commercial... not original though.
DOritos mouse trap commercial -- that got funny when the mouse costumed person beat up the person.
Alice Cooper Richard Simmons Bridgestone
Bud Light Ability to Fly
American Airlines Teambuilding Commercial... that's funny
Coke Political Jinx game
Ben Rothlisberger American Idol commercial

Eh Commercials
Audi Godfather commercial
Dorito's music video
ETrade baby commercial... saved by the baby puking.
Dunkin DOnuts music commercial...
Wanted movie
Derek Jeter Ford Edge ... I love Jeter, but can he be more boring?
Chester Pitts NFL commercial
Toyota Mongoose Big Wheel commercial
G2 Jeter/Manning
Go Daddy.com Danica Patrick commercial... served its purpose
Cars.com fighting commercial
Garmin Napoleon commercial
Carlos Mencia Bud Light Commercial
Planters Cashews commercial
Dwayne Wade/Charles Barkley commercial...
Shaq as a Jockey (Vitamin Water) -- The NFL sucks... stop paying them.
Carmen Elektra Ice Breakers Gum
Careerbuilder.com spider commercial

Bad Commercials
Dell (Red) commercial
Under Armour -- Blech... stupid
Prudential retirement plan commercial "Find Your Path"
Yukon Hybrid Commercial
Hyundai Genesis Car Commercial
2nd Sales Genie.com commercial (Ling Ling)
Sunsilk Women Hair Commercial
Taco Bell office mariachi commercial
Hyundai Genesis second commercial -- Just as bad. Don't admit it's bad.... argh people
Sales Genie.com commercial

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys missed out, Tom Petty was actually Quite good. I chose to watch the Super Bowl picture in picture with the Puppy Bowl. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more.

-Shari

Smelmooo said...

Puppy Bowl was adorably cute.

It made me proud and sad that TUCKER -- the smallest dog in the place -- was ejected for being too rough.

His "hobby" is hiding in shoes. oh brother.

The Paperboy said...

What an awesome game...and what an awesome blog!