Thursday, May 15, 2008

Book 28 of 52 -- Tom Perrotta's The Abstinence Teacher



As anyone who follows my reading patterns, I enjoy Tom Perrotta's books immensely...

All of the characters were interesting and well-developed.

You see them grow and change throughout the book.

I must admit, the book was much less interesting to me when told from Tim's point of view.

While none of the characters were really likeable to me, I found myself being drawn in and wanting to know what happens next.

There were times when I could not wait to get back to this book to see what happens next and other times when I thought of skipping ahead to get around slow, dull moments.

The ending leaves you hanging a bit.

I am not one of those readers who likes my stories tied up neatly at the end, but this one needed it to me.

An epilogue would have been wonderful and made the book more enjoyable for me.

No comments: