Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Book 30 of 52 -- James Patterson's Sundays at TIffany's



James Patterson has tried centering a whole novel around a gimic that doesn't work...at least not for me.

I enjoyed the beginning of the novel when Jane is a young girl... very believeable and touching.

I also enjoyed the character of Jane as an adult as Patterson's heroine is extremely likeable.

And, actually, I truly liked the hero, Michael, as well.

The problem for me isn't the characters of Jane and Michael, per se, as much as how childish the gimic of their relationship becomes half-way through.

I can usually suspend my disbelief pretty well as a reader, but this just didn't work for me.

Midway through, I started to feel I was reading a pre-teen paranormal novel because I was internally rolling my eyes during the last half of the book.

I love a love story, but this one just left me disappointed.

No comments: