Monday, September 22, 2008

Book 64 of 52 -- Faye Kellerman's Mercedes Coffin



The Mercedes Coffin by Faye Kellerman is the seventeenth Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus mystery.

Having read all of the preceding mysteries, this is like visiting with old friends and very enjoyable.

Peter Decker is asked to investigate a fifteen year old murder that is now a cold case, that of a very popular guidance counselor from a Los Angeles school who was found in the trunk of his Mercedes shot in the back of the head execution style.

Interest in the case has been raised because someone else has been murdered in the same fashion and found in the trunk of their Mercedes.

Faye Kellerman always writes a well plotted, interesting mystery and The Mercedes Coffin is no exception.

I enjoy reading about the Decker and Lazarus family as much as I enjoy the mystery.

The only fault I found with this book is that Rina Lazarus did not play as important a role in this book as she has in others I've read.

But that said, I enjoyed The Mercedes Coffin very much and it kept me turning pages until the end.

No comments: