Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How Hard Is It Really??

I have learned a very important lesson recently.

If you are not in New Jersey or New York -- bagels suck balls.

I use such language because that's just how much they suck.

In San Antonio, I was running a bit late because of my brush with fame with Newt Gingrich. I was not going to make it to the continental breakfast so I stopped to get a bagel in the lobby breakfast nook.

I asked for a bagel with butter. She said sure and stepped away, came back, and took my money. That's when I realized my bagel was toasting.

I don't like my bagel toasted so I asked for a different bagel. She went into the back and threw a bag at me.

It had the toasted bagel and her explanation that "it wasn't toasted for too long"

I politely returned the bagel and asked for another one as it was toasted long enough. I got it with a huff and a puff.

This time.......no butter.

You would have thought that I would have asked for a kidney when she got more upset than earlier.

How hard is it really? She didn't even butter the bagel.

Frustrating to say the least.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Being a new resident of the great state of Maryland, I must agree. I have yet to find a place that makes a decent bagel. It makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

It is so ridiculous. Whenever I'm in NJ I pick up at least a dozen, sometimes 2 doz depending on the state of the freezer. Panera is actually considered a superior bagel here.

Anonymous said...

It's all due to the great water of the NY/NJ area. Gotta love it!
-Leslie