Friday, March 16, 2007

My Funniest Book Review Yet... Book 16 of 52 -- Sue Monk Kid's The Secret Life of Bees

So there I was... it was the winter of 2007. I was a young man who had not yet discovered my feminine side. It has always perplexed me... why can't I find it?

Then... after reading this sweet coming of age story Sue Monk Kid's The Secret Life of Bees... I discovered why.



I read about Lilly... a young white girl in the mid 60's who ran away from home in search of more information about her dead mother when she discovered a home full of black sisters.

She discovered her womanhood and the real lack of difference between blacks and whites.

And I discovered... that I couldn't find my feminine side... because... I am a dude...

No matter how much Sue Monk wanted me to be a girl... trying to convince me with her writing...

I will not be tricked!

Oh yeah... the book is pretty good too.

No comments: