Thursday, October 16, 2008

Book 66 of 52 -- Kathy Reichs' Death du Jour



I really wanted to like this series and this second one has left me still uncertain as to whether or not I care to continue discovering more about this character -- especially since I adore the television show.

There is just too much going on.

I must say, I would rate this higher if the woman, Tempe, was even halfway close to human because the things she does and survives are incredible.

I'd have collapsed after page 10 and it kind of defies belief that any one person could be involved in so many different things all over the country and actually between TWO countries as well (Canada and USA) and she has more friendly experts and backups that she can call at a moment's notice than any other character!!

I don't like when she leaves things hanging through the book, for example about the nun/saint.

She knew something on page 20 or so that she could have just stated.

Also way too much bug detail, I don't care about forensics THAT MUCH.

I'll try one more.

Recommended with reservations because her details are a bit much, but the writing is still crisp and fascinating.

No comments: