Saturday, October 30, 2004

Blog Something

Blog Something

Here's something that I haven't done for awhile...

Watching television at 7:15 on a Saturday morning.....

One of the more disturbing issues I saw this morning was in an ad by the New York State Health Department. It was an anti-smoking ad and it featured about 15 different animals like monkeys, ducks, and pigs smoking cigarettes. It said something like... "do you think this looks silly... what about when you do it.." First of all...if a dog with a cigarette in its mouth can stop a kid from smoking, then great. Second of all, I might be scared by a duck smoking. Really, the long ash and the cute blank eyes spooked me more than the first time the shark appeared in Jaws.

I swear... no matter how much older I get, I still think that Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is one of the best kids movies ever made. I wish they never made the sequel, but I love watching that dopey kid try to tell his neighbor that he loves her while fighting the evil ants of death.

Why didn't The Critic do better with the people? That show is still funny some 10 years later. On a side note, it features pictures of the Twin Towers. Thank goodness they left them in there.

I saw a commercial for the Hot Air Brush. The brush uses batteries and goes around in circles and circles to ensure proper curly hair. Did our society get so lazy that we need battery operated brushes? I think so.

After all these years, Clifford the Big Red Dog is still the Biggest Red Dog on television. At least some things remain constant.

No comments: