Thursday, October 14, 2004

What a Day...

Yesterday drained me. A lot of things happened to me that really made me happy to be home at the end of the day...and a few things happened that just made me smile. Let me recount a few for you.

1. I gave blood today again. As you know, I love giving blood. It makes me feel like I have given something to the community and it helps me feel as though I may have saved a life. As I was donating blood, they were decorating the center for Halloween. They had spiders, creepy hands, and monster related items. While I was actually giving the blood, they also decided to hang up a yellow caution tape across the entrance to the blood extraction room that read -- "Caution -- Enter At Your Own Risk" Fun... and slightly inappropriate... and it made me laugh.

2. I was driving to an event in Toms River, New Jersey so I was heading down Route 9 South to kill some time. I was able to kill a lot of time when while seated at a red light, I saw a cute little silver Saturn decide that it wanted to be where my blue Buick was at the exact same time I was there. it sounded like a pretty bad crash but I got out of the car and immediately surveyed the damage. It really looks like nothing is wrong with the car, but I still called the police and filed a report. Her car got it worse. The thing is... she was an old lady -- 87 to be exact -- and her walker was sitting next to her in the car. She claimed that she had her foot all the way down on the brake and it slipped. Riiiiight. Even when she said that to the police officer, he smirked at me. Now... I am going to go on my honeymoon and THEN get it looked at. If there is a problem... it will get resolved... if not... then lucky me. I don't want to get into a rant... but does she really need to have a license?

3. I had to work until 9 pm tonight. Enough said.

4. Because I had to work until 9:00 pm tonight and the event was an hour away, I was blessed to listen to the preseidential debate on the radio. Is it my imagination or has Kerry gotten even better and his message is more defined while Bush is sounding more and more whiny? I turned it off. Go Yankees.

That's it... only one more day of working and then we leave for 12 days of fun. I can't wait.

1 comment:

jame1030 said...

No it's not your imagination Smelmooo, Kerry IS getting better and his message IS much more defined... whining is the only thing Dubya can do when on the defensive!