Thursday, October 28, 2004

What to Blog About Today

What to Blog About Today

As I was working on posting pictures of 8 of the 11 days of our honeymoon last night, I was blessed to watch the World Series final game.

I watched the tenacious Red Sox battle for 3 runs and the supposedly dominant Cardinals fold like a cheap suit.

I was impressed with how the misfit Red Sox finally won a World Series. I have never seen discipline or maturity come from this club but somehow they pulled it all together and won a game -- 8 games actually and all in a row.

There was a neat set of facts last night that enabled them to break the World Series curse on them. Stay with me here. My co-worker insists this
was the reason the curse was lifted.

1. Last night was the anniversary of the Bill Buckner misplayed ball in 1986.
2. It has been 86 years since they last won a World Series.

That's right folks. That is the sole reason the Red Sox won the World Series last night. It is all about the numbers and you can't argue them
with me. I will simply not stand for it.

Congrats to the Red Sox. Now let's see if they can keep all those big time players that will probably want to exodus.

Who's Your Daddy might be a Yankee next year... you never know...

No comments: