Thursday, February 22, 2007

Book 8 of 52 – Brad Meltzer’s The Tenth Justice

As I have written a million times, I pick up an author and read his or her books in chronological order. Generally, they are some sort of mystery writer, either spy or political or whatnot. I don’t remember who suggested him, but I picked up Brad Meltzer’s books this time.

While I was in the Dominican, I read The Tenth Justice while sitting at the pool – next to Robinson Cano.

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the book. The mystery was top notch and kept me guessing all the way to the end.

What makes me recommend the book is something unrelated to the mystery story itself – Meltzer, while establishing the bond between the four friends in the book, was able to write precisely how good guy friends talk to each other.

He perfectly hit the tone and mocking attitude that guy friends share. The more they tease, the more they love each other.

The friendship between the guys becomes one of the main characters of the book and plays a relevant part… as Meltzer ultimately questions the loyalties of each of the friends with each other….

Good fun book… with an ending that might actually make you shed a tear.

No comments: