Monday, February 26, 2007

OSCAR THOUGHTS

Pre-Show Preparation-ish

The Red Carpet show started a little while ago, but because of the beauty of DVR, we are going to get caught up soon enough... dang those commercials and silly boring early celebrities.

We are eating a very yummy pot pie for dinner that muh wife made. She totally rocks the proverbial Kasbah.

Red Carpet

Giuliana DePandi

Maggie Gyllenhaal is taller than Ryan Seacrest... that's not surprising... since everyone but Peter Dinklage is taller than Ryan Seacrest....

Gael Garcia Bernal is famous in his own right and very talented... ALL of Ryan's questions focussed on his relationship with Brad Pitt -- whom Bernal has never met. I wish I was drinking... I would be drunk if the game was how many times will Ryan mention Brad Pitt like he is some sort of a god.

"AHHH... oh my god... oh my god... it's Jennifer Lopez... Jenifer Lopez... " Shut up Giuliana. Is it that big of a deal.

I hope Ellen does well. I really do.

The director of the E! broadcast is apparently in love with Cameron Diaz... they cut to her a milliona nd a half times. Why.....

Gwyneth Paltrow's behavior with Ryan Seacrest is representative of why I can't stand her... You're on live with E! "oh...uhh... greaaat"

Dress/Tux Comments

Rachel Weisz -- Was that a live bug?
Penelope Cruz -- Great dress, horrible hair
Emily Blunt -- Jennifer Love Hewitt without boobs and that's a shame since she is gorgeous.
Jennifer Hudson -- That dress also serves as a plane...or hand towels.
Jodie Foster -- Cmon... that should have fit better...
Helen Mirren -- Age appropriate and classy...
Best Dressed Male? Will Smith's kid.
Jessica Biehl -- Quite a pink...
Jackie Earle Haley -- Looks like he is on trial. Scary dude.
Djimon Honsou -- That guy's a stud.
Hey Spike Lee, Bono did that look already with... the Fly video.
Celine Dion -- She looked nice... but I think the dress maker took a toothpick cover off of a toothpick, painted it green, and slepped it over her.
Beyonce's dress was very Beyonce-ish
Nicole Kidman's dress was origianlly that ribbon wrapped around the Lexus in that Christmas commercial earlier this year.


Barbara Walters Oscar Special

Hey Barbara... we all know Ellen is gay... I think she made about 55 gay references.

Hey Barbara... yeah... we all know that Jennifer Hudson is overweight... I think she made about 55 fat-ish references.

Hey Barbara... yeah.. we all know that Helen Mirren used to do very sexy roles... I think she made about 55 Helen Mirren was sexy in her youth references...

Hey Barbara... yeah... we all know that Eddie Murphy... oh wait... that was actually a good interview... go figure..

The Actual Show Itself (on DVR!!!)

Ellen was charming and funny... short and sweet...

The Jennifer Hudson/Al Gore joke was classic. Paraphrase.... Jennifer Hudson is here and America didn't vote her, and Al Gore IS here and people DID vote for her.

I think we have a glimpse into the future of the Smith kid... did anyone else see how he ran out there and left poor Abigail Breslin hanging back? Bastard... I know.. he's a kid... but bastard nonetheless...

Am I the only one who loved the sound effects choir? I really liked it a lot.... no seriously... that isn't the sound of a pin dropping... that is that choir...and they were awesome.

CRAP -- So far... I am one for 6. This is so unlike me. I am usually first or second in this pool. I can only hope those that are also in it also stunk it up.

Alan Arkin.... big upset... but I am so excited for that one... Little Miss Sunshine really is my favorite movie this year I think.

That reading of the bits of script while they went over the Adapted Screenplays was both annoying and cool.

Puffy Chris Connelly and that goofy horserace prop embarrassed me... so I wonder if he was embarrassed.

Tom Cruise gave out the Humanitarian award... he sounded so absolutely sincere that I wanted to forgive all of his craziness and hug him. F*ck that... he's insane and needs to be eliminated with his self righteous smug attitude.

Sooo... I read a book once where an ingénue gets shot at the Academy Awards... I was reminded of that book when Gwenyth Paltrow took the stage....

Rob Downey Jr. -- I am ashamed of you. You looked a bit TOO shabby.

That woman that won for best Editting... she sure is a class act.

I love Helen Mirren... and have for awhile... but what the heck did she say during her speech...

Tangent Woman thought that Reece needed some makeup... but since she dumped that loser... she has never looked hotter... rowr... lipstick, smipstick.

Who would have thought that one of the best laughs of the night would have come from the Coppola, Lucas, and Spielberg comedy show?

P.S. George Lucas looked like a 6 foot something Pez dispenser.

Alright... SZG can watch the Oscars next year... neither Scorsese lost or Babel won.

Diane Keaton is always so cute....

No comments: