Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Meeting a Celebrity or Four

For a work trip, muh wife and I went down to the Dominican Republic for a week. On the airplane ride down, I was witness to an airplane of Star F*ckers who were so incredibly impressed that Jeremiah Trotter was on our plane.

Jeremiah Trotter is a top shelf linebacker who plays for the Philadelphia Eagles. He was with his family and several folks took pictures with him ON THE PLANE and in the AIRPORT.

It drove me nuts.

Then… while at the resort, the hubbub was all about three baseball players that various folks in our group had seen throughout the resort. They were Robinson Cano, Pedro Martinez, and David Ortiz.

There were a variety of meetings and confrontations reported through the rumor mill of our group including the most impressive of all – one of the people I was with tracked down David Ortiz through the caddy he was using and got an autographed baseball hat.

That drove me nuts… it’s all about the Star F*cking folks…

Then my turn came on the second to last day of our trip. I was at the pool with my wife when I realized that… OH CRAP! It’s Robinson Cano sitting right there in the chair next to me. He was built and had his signature look… He was reading and had his MP3 player in his ears…

That was my moment… I had my pen and camera and paper in my bag… and… I left it there. I acknowledged him, said hello, and congratulated him on a great season. I also said something to the effect that I looked forward to the 2007 season. He smiled and thanked me and went back to his business.

We hung out next to each other for 2 hours and that was the entire exchange.

No Star F*cking for me folks… none of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Robby Cano. I remember you. Do you really wax your back?

m said...

good for you, smelmooo. i'm with you. unless it's ed norton, and then i can't be held accountable for my actions.