Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Chinese is Good



As many of you know, I possess a t-shirt that reads.... "Cheese is Good."

I wore the shirt to the bar after the wedding on Saturday. Many of us were just hanging out and relaxing and enjoying each other's company as people often do after a night of frivolity.

That night, the hotel was host to a 20 year high school reunion and the host to some other wedding parties. The bar was full with a wide variety of people yet... they were all rather jovial.

I arrived at the bar by myself as muh wife had met up with a few people prior and we were going to meet at the bar. I had my usual greetings from strangers when I wear the shirt...They included ..

"Hey!... Cheese IIIISSSS Gooooood!!!"
"Fantastic shirt..."
"Cool shirt buddy!"

Then... I got the idiot.

This drunk fella was sitting with his three friends on one of the lobby couches when he announced...

"Chinese is good! What a great shirt!"

I smirked my normal drunk muscle smirk and stated..."Actually... it says... Cheese is good."

Completely ignoring me..."Chinese is good... that almost seems racist!" The volume rising with each statement.

This exchange pretty much repeated itself two more times...

By this point, I was annoyed... as his friends started giggling about how funny a "Chinese is good" shirt is. I lost it...

"Look... if you guys are going to bond with me... a stranger... at least learn to read and get it right."

They all shut up.....it was pretty cool.

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

yeah dude, we totally didnt know what to say after you freaked on us....way sorry about that, we were apparently drinking.....

ahzdwub