Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Random Awesome Thoughts About Our Trip to New England

1. Moose Crossings -- I am always amazed when I go to New England that there are signs on major interstates with six lanes across that read "Moose Crossing." How awesome is that? I wanted to see a moose, because, afterall, I was at their crossing on many, many occassions.

2. 65 MPH My Ass -- I am also amazed that they even have 65 mph signs posted. It appears that the speed limit on these roads is something in the low 90s. I normally go about 10 to 13 mph over the speed limit on interstate roads. It's an average that keeps me moving past other cars yet I don't draw attention to myself by blowing by them. I was getting passed regularly.... I felt like Miss Daisy...

3. Hotel -- When we arrived at the hotel in VERMONT, it seemed as though everything in the room was going wrong. The room wasn't ready at 9:00 at night even though we had a room confirmation from the day before! The lamp and outlets on one wall were blown out and they had down pillows on the beds. We were forced into a two bed room, we couldn't charge our phones and we got stuffed up from allergies... Night two was much better when we got up the oompf to "complain."

4. Rest Stop -- They had Free Coffee at the rest stops on the Interstates... uber-cool...I wished I drank the stuff.

5. Miserable Guy on the Ben & Jerry's Tour -- We were in a good place. There were free samples and happy wives all around even though it was slightly overcast. However, there was an older fella on the tour who just wasn't very happy. Someone asked him how he was doing and he responded with..."Crappy... I haven't seen sun in two weeks AND I Want to Go HOME NOW." Dude... just chill... it isn't THAT bad...I swore I saw you smile in the Flavor Graveyard.

6. Binderiology -- Binderiology is a word... it really is...

7. Power Ball -- The jackpot was something like 50 bazillion dollars... we made our $5 donation and matched ZERO numbers... Vermont bastards...

No comments: