Thursday, February 02, 2006

The RETURN of Survivor (SURVIVOR PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND)



Survivor TWELVE begins tonight. I am pretty excited by this as our traditional PIZZA THURSDAY returns. This was implemented a few years ago when muh wife would get home late from work and neither of us would want to cook dinner. We would simply order pizza and sit on the couch and yell at the screen when anyone did anything stupid on Survivor.... much like Steakbellie and his reading of gossip magazines in bed with his wife...just without pizza...

The "twist" this year is two-fold. First, the tribes start off as FOUR tribes -- 4 older guys, 4 younger guys, 4 older women, and 4 younger woman. It is my understanding that they merge into two tribes relatively soon in a school yard game of pick em. The other twist is that a person is "exiled" to a remote island every episode where there is no shelter and they have to fend for themselves for a night. The other key from what I gather is that there is an immunity idol on the exile island for them to find. So it isn't a total wash to be separated from the group and isolated to a far away place.



As most of you know, my buddy MB and I pick "tribes" before we have ever seen the show to make watching the show even more fun. Below this blog is the current score over the past 11 years. I was extremely scientific with my choices this time around. I put all the names into a hat and pulled them out. It is such a crap shoot...I decided to stop thinking about it and make it a real crap shoot. I used to research each of the players and think about who I thought would be strong adn weak and stupid and funny. Essentially, I would use stereotypes to pick. Here are the picks... so wish me luck!

SURVIVOR PANAMA -- EXILE ISLAND

(The number in parenthesis represents the position in the draft they were chosen.)

TUCKER'S NUTS -- ME
(2) -- TERRY
(3) -- DAN
(6) -- DANIELLE
(7) -- CIRIE
(10) -- ARAS
(11) -- COURTNEY
(14) -- MELINDA
(15) -- TINA

ASSSSHHHFFFAULT!!! -- MB
(1) -- BRUCE
(4) -- MISTY
(5) -- BOBBY
(8) –- RUTH MARIE
(9) -- SALLY
(12) -- NICK
(13) -- AUSTIN
(16) -- SHANE

So... before the show even airs... let me say... GO TERRY!!!

No comments: