Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Top Five Tuesday

Top Five Tuesday

Top Five Reasons Why My Train Ride Down to Washington D.C. Stunk
1. I arrived just in time to catch the train comfortably – five minutes early. When I got there, they made the announcement that the train was 35 minutes late.
2. It was about 18 degrees with the wind chill factor thrown in there…and with the train running 35 minutes late – that means… 40 minutes in the wind.
3. It was an outdoor platform thus no protection from the wind.
4. I got my hopes up about the train being empty as it was a Sunday afternoon and my platform at Metropark was empty…but I had to wait until Trenton until I actually got a seat.
5. The couple in front of me on the train was watching a stand up comic on their PSP…SOOOO… they giggled loudly every 9 seconds or so. I wanted to stick the phone antenna in their ears.

Top Five Things That Annoyed Me This Weekend
1. Muh wife and I pulled up to a bank to cash a couple eBay checks when we had to listen to the woman in the lane next to us completely BELITTLE the teller. What a turd she was.
2. On Saturday night, we had the choice of staying home or trying out a Red Robin restaurant. I had heard a million good things about their “gourmet hamburgers” and wanted to try one out. (Thanks Minnams, muh wife and HB.) We pulled up to the parking lot where we have seen the sign for a Red Robin for the past two months. It isn’t even open yet. Blech… we went to Longhornz instead and I got a pretty darn good New York strip there… pleasant second place.
3. It was cold as hell this weekend. We didn’t even want to go outside. Tucker didn’t want to go out either. He would run out, take care of his business and then get the hell back inside.
4. Elizabethtown was a much better than expected movie… I wanted to hate it… I really did… but I ended up loving it. My favorite part involves Susan Sarandon – who is barely in the movie but gives one of the best speeches I have ever heard.
5. I didn’t get much time in D.C. to myself since my train was late….

Top Five Places I Would Rather Be
1. Spain
2. Portugal
3. St. … Whatever….
4. Torino, Italy
5. Greece

Top Five Olympic Moments/Events That I Have Enjoyed
1. Believe it or not, but muh wife and I watched an entire curling “game” and I was getting myself all worked up during it. It is a lot more entertaining now that I understand the rules and realize that they actually exert far more energy than any baseball player. They walk 15 miles a match and lug around tons of “stones.”
2. I get so worked up on the short track speed skating. When Apollo Ahno was racing in the finals of that one event… I was shaking…expecting to see someone crash…
3. The U.S. hockey team not beating “upstart” Latvia.
4. The ditsy dame American snowboarder who showed off when she should have showed off after she already won!
5. Yeup… two references to Curling… at one of the matches/games I watched, the audience was doing the wave. Frigging awesome… much like the really loud audiences during badminton matches during the Summer Olympics.

Top Five Ways To Kill Time On a Train
1. Minesweeper
2. Write a love letter to your wife…
3. Write speeches for work.
4. Sudoku
5. Read the new Stephen King book you keep forgetting up on your night stand…so.. it is essentially..out of sight…out of mind.