Monday, May 08, 2006

Book 22 of 26 -- Jonathan Kellerman's Gone

Books, Books, Books... I love that when I set a goal, I will work my ass off to meet that goal. My idea of reading a book every two weeks has been pretty easy to meet so far and unless I fall into a black hole, I should be able to do it.

My latest book is the #1 New York Times best seller entitled Gone by Jonathan Kellerman.



As I have written before when I discuss Steve Martini books, authors -- especially mystery writers -- enjoy far more success when they choose a likable yet flawed character and immerse them into a world of crime. The reader feels comfortable as the character slowly develops over a series of novels AND the writer can keep cashing a comfortable check each go around.

Jonathan Kellerman's book Gone is the 20th installment of his widely popular Alex Delaware series. Delaware is a clinical psychologist who helps solve crimes with his best friend and Los Angeles Police Detective Milo Sturgis who happens to be gay.

This is a dependable book in the series and should be read by any fan. I would have loved this book on our vacation in a few weeks... but oh well.. I am destined to read something historical or goofy on that trip.

My next two books are already in hand and are library books. I will be reading Stuart Wood's latest Stone Barrington novel and Jonathan Kellerman's son Jessie Kellerman's first book. Nepotism is pretty cool.

No comments: