Friday, May 26, 2006

Book 25 or 26 -- The Jury by Steve Martini

I have been taking a bit of a small hiatus from reading since I am way ahead of schedule, but I decided to pick up the next Steve Martini book -- The Jury.

The Jury follows the travails of the Steve Martini character Paul Madriani that I love so much. Something about this character makes me feel so at home with him...as though I would hang out with him... yet... would want him to represent me if I was ever on death row for any reason.



Anyway... it is one of Martini's shorter books and I was surprised. Normally, his books start with drama... and then the Madriani character is called in to represent whomever is falsely accused of murder. The Jury started right in the middle of the trial.

The reader spend a good deal of time trying to get caught up but never feels behind if you know what I mean.

I would totally recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a good, fast moving story. It really is a good beach book and I wish I had saved it for then.

Next up... Dirty Job by my new favorite author...Christopher Moore.

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

I thought he was great in "The Jerk"