Monday, May 01, 2006

Is There Such a Thing As Doggy DYFS?

I am a bad dog owner.

I inadvertently tortured the living poop out of my little monster.

For most of last week, he has been under the constant barage of four large men climbing on ladders and banging on the side of our house. We got some new siding added to it. They were tearing off wood and sawing replacements and then hammering new siding to the house.

The few times I was home while this was going on, I was getting royally pissed at the noise because it was just so incredibly annoying. I wanted to rake my eyeballs out.

I then began to feel really badly for my little monster as he had to endure it for 9 hours a day (they were great about working longer hours in order to finish the project quicker.)

It got really bad on Thursday.

Not only did the siding company have an extra two guys putting up the siding on the house... bringing the total to 6 people, but my two next door neighbors were getting work done as well.

On the left, the neighbors hired a landscaper to come in and work on creating their new lawns. They didn't have a good lawn as they had an addition put on last year so the landscaper was razing and scoping and flattening and the likes. He had a bunch of machines out there and they were making a ton of noise.

On the right, the other neighbors were trimming their humungous tree with a chain saw. For the entire time I was home, they were trimming branches off and using the monster saw to chop up the big branches they cut off.

I came home to find poor little Tucker cowering in his little shelter... the same one we put him in when he does something bad.

That poor little fella... I hope no one calls Doggy DYFS on us... thankfully... it is all finished now so he can go back to being a lazy butt.

No comments: