Thursday, April 24, 2008

Trip to Scranton -- My Highlights...

So... as you may or may not remember, I had to go to Scranton recently for a work trip -- I drove in and drove out on the same day.

My event was at the Raddissan in Scranton and I live 2 hours away.

I first noticed that it was snowing in Scranton and a bunch of the people on the street were walking around in shorts and t-shirts. It was frigging 70 degrees the day before and many of the locals were wearing shorts during the snow!

I parked in the lot out front and went to find the meeting room where I would be holed up for 7 hours. I noticed that they didn't have any soda for me -- only coffee -- so I went on a search to find a bottle of Diet Coke.

I asked at the front desk -- where two cute girls with a discernible accent like Pam in The Office were greeting people. They informed me that the hotel with three restaurants had no store and you could only find a soda if you went up to the third floor to the hotel's "vending machine." I hoped that was a mistake.

I found my soda.

Eventually, I made my way to the meeting room where the table was set up in a large U shape to accomodate the 40 people, and I couldn't help but notice that there were salt and pepper shakers every four chairs or so... I must honestly admit that I had never seen that before and I have been to a shit load of meetings.

I also learned a new word -- escarpment. Go ahead... learn it too. Look it up.

Scranton isn't as much fun as Michael Scott wants me to believe, but hey... what is?

No comments: