Monday, March 07, 2005

Embarassing Blind People - IT HAS TO STOP!!!!


Muh wife and I watched the movie Ray recently.

It reminded me of something that I hve believed for a long time.

I am not sure that you should ever put party hats on blind people.

Party hats are bad enough on regular people. As soon as you put on a party hat, you have admitted to yourself that you have no need for any dignity. It is an insult to the head and to the normal people in the world.

But... I digress...

Ray was sitting at his son's birthday party with a party hat on and he looked just down right ridiculous. I turned to Maureen and I made the following declaration.

"I don't think people should put party hats on blind people."

Please note that I made no reference to a blind person putting on a party hat on him or herself. It is an important distinction.

People put these god awful hats on blind people. I don't see or remember ever hearing of a blind person saying... PLEASE STRAP ONE OF THOSE THINGS ON MY HEAD!! It just doesn't happen.

Others fight for breast cancer awareness... I want to start a new group that promotes the dignity of blind people... no more party hats!

No comments: