Monday, March 28, 2005

Moratorium Monday.

I have been debating for some time with my wife about whether I should start a new column here on the Thoughts of the Smelmooo.

I would entitle it... Moratorium Monday and the day's writing would be dedicated to identifying things that I think we need to stop perpetuating.

For example... I am not fond of the word "Dude" and it is permeating too much of our society.

Today... I want to begin discussing putting an end to Sarah Jessica Parker.

I have chosen to begin with her as I am jumping on "The Gap" bandwagon. The Gap recently dumped her from their recent so good to be a girl or something dumb like that ad campaign. The ads, they claimed, didn't help out their sales and they were receiving some horrible feedback from the public. Myself included.

Overall, I simply find the woman to be an untalented and annoying woman. Any interest that I may have ever had in watching Sex in the City was squashed when I found out she was the lead. Her annoying face and voice were the way to make many a person run for the hills.

Yet... she has a strange following. I even heard a friend once say that she wanted to look and be like SJP. I almost threw up my lunch.

Regardless, I can remember the first time I heard about SJP marrying Matthew Broderick. I was upset and hurt. Here we had an extremely talented man marrying the object of Nicholas Cage's and James Caan's desires in Honeymoon in Vegas. I didn't get it and I felt as though my Neil Simon prodigy had let me down.

I need to re-think this whole column as I am getting myself all worked up...

I need to focus on something more important... like... Deadwood or 24... that is quality.

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

I think you are right...

I need to think about it some more...

This was a test.... you should see what I want to write about the ultimate evil one...

Julia Roberts