Friday, March 04, 2005

Hating someone in the building...and I don't know him!

Ok... I have to admit and write about somethign that I view as a aprt of everyone's life.

I don't hate often. I strongly dislike and I can be a snob about many things, but there is a person in my life that I absolutely hate and he works in my building... but... there is a catch.

I work in a three-story office building and there are about 15 different businesses that house their offices in the building. On a typical day, the parking lot houses about 250 cars and the building is bursting at the seams with people. On a busy day, parking can spill over into the next office building's lot.

I work on the second floor and I take the stairs to work every single day. I ONLY ride the elevator when I am carrying things that are too heavy to navigate through stairways or dragging something.

There is a guy that I see almost every single day... I have no idea what his name is but he also works for a company on the second floor.

I hate him.

If you were to ask me why, I would simply shrug my shoulders and not have an explanation... but he always seems to be the guy who does things that irritate me.

Two examples:

1. I went to the bathroom and he was at an adjacent urinal. He finished his business, washed his hands, and dried his hands with paper towels. I followed suit with a 25 second trail. When I got to the paper towels, they were gone. This guy I hate .. took the last one. Argh...

2. When you arrive at my office building, you are approximately five stories above the parking lot and you drive down a large sloping ramp. You have the entire parking lot in view. I was coming down the ramp on an especially busy day when I saw a very close and empty parking space. It was mine. As I pulled aroudnt he bend and close to the space, a car beat me to the space by about 10 seconds. Yeup... it was this guy.... Now... I had to walk 15 times as far as that spot. My happiness was squashed...

I really don't know anything about this guy or the company that he works for... but do I dislike him more than anything.

Happy weekend everybody!!!

No comments: