Thursday, December 22, 2005

Tucker's Birfday - Revisited... With Pictures...

Sunday was Tucker's birfday... and it was a fun filled afternoon because we made it special.



I must first say that before I go too far into this that Tucker is a shelter puppy and he was found wandering the streets of West Virginia with his mother, four sisters, and brother. They found them and brought them all up to New Jersey to distribute them in our state's extremely healthy shelter network (something I discovered recently.) Since he was found wandering, they did their best to estimate when he was born... much like my friend J. :-D

We found him on petfinder.com and were pleased to bring him home.

As many of you know, he has been a blessing to our home as he is cute and extremely obedient. Many of you may actually think he is spoiled but I can tell you that he isn't as spoiled as many of the dogs in the neighborhood. In fact, I would go so far as to say that he is a lucky puppy but he knows who is boss and what rules he has to follow.

This brings us to his first birfday... December 18, 2005.



It was a cool morning and Tucker and I woke up late at 7:00 am. We went for a run around the yard and then came inside for a special treat of liquid food. He ate it down in seconds.



When Tangent Woman finally dragged her gorgeous ass out of bed, we opened his presents. He got a fun squeaky ball and some cheese flavored rawhides. Each of these toys have gone over extremely well with Tucker and he is still enjoying them days later.



We then took him to the dog park...where he got FILTHY. There was a lot of mud but thankfully I remembered to bring a towel with us so that he didn't filth up my car.



The ensuing bath was actually disgusting but worth it... I have never seen so much crap at the bottom of a tub.. and I have played in some pretty memorable mud bowl football games.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing...until it was time for some DOG ICE CREAM... that's right folks... I actually found some in the grocery store...



He DEVOURED Peanut Butter and Cheese flavored ice cream... I am not sure why that is so gross to me... but he loved it.

Happy birfday little man... we heart you.

No comments: