Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Wedding Present For Muh Wife and I

Over the weekend, muh wife and I went to a wedding.

It was a lovely affair... and I was proud to be a part of one of the best weddings I have ever been to.

However, about half way through the reception/dinner, I started to get a little ansy. I got up and went to the men's room which was on the other side of banquet hall.

The wedding we were attending was one of three celebrations at the establishment. There was another wedding and a 15 year high school reunion...

After I finished peeing, I wandered right when I should have wandered left to rejoin muh wife and friends... I ended up in the 15 year reunion celebration.

I was the only guy with a tux yet I had no problem walking right up to the bar and getting myself a drink. I made small talk with a stranger for a minute and pretended to know the math teacher he was talking about. To get out of the conversation, I then announced that I had to "pee." He was pleased to let me go.

As I left, I picked up one of the "give aways" that were sitting on the table immediately to the right of the exit. It was a CD. It didn't list the song titles or anything else. I decided...hey... why not and left with the CD.

I eventually made it back to the table at the wedding and announced my find after I was questioned about what took me so long. The table laughed and giggled and I knew I had done right in the world.



Last night, muh wife and I were on a long car ride and we decided to find out what was on the CD. It was a fun mix of Poison, Def LEppard, Whitesnake and more... even Night Ranger... it was a GREAT CD.

That's when muh wife...the same woman who refuses to take in a bag of candy or a bottle of soda into a movie because she thinks it's wrong turned to me and said...

"I am so glad you stole this CD..."

I learn something new every day....

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

THATS funny....

ygvkse