Friday, December 16, 2005

Weekend Fun



This past weekend was a tremendously relaxing and fun weekend.

I/We did a bunch of things that just made me happy... or... as you will see... scared....

1. Cool Hand Luke -- Because of muh wife's list of things to do in 1001 days, we watched Cool Hand Luke. I really liked the movie and George Kennedy who I know as the police chief in the Naked Gun movies was much better than I could have imagined... THEN... I saw that he won an Academy Award for his performance. Very cool ...and very cool movie... Gritty and good.

2. Bowling -- We went bowling with some friends of ours over the weekend. We had fun and I don't know what happened, but I really turned it on in games 2 and 3. It was a close game each time and then...BLAMMO... STRIKES galore! I finally figued out the lane. The one negative of the place was that there was a homeless guy sitting about 6 lanes away and he wasn't doing anything but sitting in a very crowded bowling alley. Then.. he pulled out his lighter and we swore he was trying to light his hand... on fire... not cool...

3. Rossi's -- For anyone that knows Rossi's, you know that they have the best damn burgers in the world. We GORGED ourselves on them. I mean... GORGED.

4. Dinner Planning -- We are hosting Christmas dinner this year at our house (actually on Christmas Eve), so muh wife was practicing the main dish that she wants to make. I am in charge of appetizers and filling up our guests bellies before they even get to her food. heh heh... It went well... and just made me happy.

5. Ice Chopping -- Long story short, when they plowed the streets on Friday, we ended up with a rather large chunk of snow right before our driveway. This created a huge ice patch directly in front of our driveway... I love taking the ice chopper out and getting that stuff out of there... good times...

6. Our tree looks great! Nothing like decorating a tree with a roaring fire going... :)

No comments: