Monday, July 10, 2006

Book 30 of 26 -- The Arraignment by Steve Martini

Only two more bad Steve Martin jokes by Steakbellie to go.

While away on a mini-vacation with the in-laws, I was able to read a book. Usually when I go on a trip like this, the reading is a plenty, but on this trip, it was severely lacking... for two reasons.

1. There was always company to talk to or interact with.
2. This book just didn't thrill me that much.

I have written about the Paul Madriani character from Steve Martini before and I enjoy reading the Madriani character books by Martini...

The Arraignment featured the Madriani character and I figured that it would be one of the gooder Martini books, but I got bored with it pretty easily. The story was "exciting." The plot wasn't horrible, but something about it was just not right. I am not sure what.



I think that it was because it wasn't a court room drama like the other books I read. This was a story about trying to figure out who the killer was... but none of it took place in a courtroom... just other countries and exotic locales. It was a different kind of mystery than I had signed up for.

Since I can usually find something positive to say about everything, I will add this... it is probably a really good paperweight... but at the same time... it isn't/wasn't horrible... just not special...

1 comment:

steakbellie said...

I liked him in 'The Jerk'!

(you're the dumbass that said that joke could never get old)