Thursday, July 06, 2006

What I Learned on My Summer Vacation -- Part Three

Holy crap... I learned more than I thought I did.

1. Billboards for fireworks shops were everywhere and they didn't let us down. There were fireworks stores that were full blown two story buildings... stores that were one story that seemed to leantos made of plywood... stores that were big tents and even a couple of stores that were just a table and a child without any covering next to a gas station. I really wanted to buy some fireworks... just because I never have and it isn't illegal here. Something told me that I shouldn't and I am glad that I didn't since the place I was staying in the Outerbanks didn't allow fireworks. Phew...

2. When muh wife and I went on trips in the past, we would thoroughly enjoy ourselves and then get all depressed when it was time to leave. We would drag ourselves out of wherever we went.. sad to be going home when we just had a fabulous time. That doesn't happen anymore. We don't get bummed out as much when we come home... why? We can't wait to see and play with Tucker. Tucker makes us happy and he makes the trips home worth it even more. Very little makes me as happy as when I see his little face come out of the "resort" with the excitement I love.

3. No matter where I go and no matter who I hang out with, it is amazing how awesomely I get treated when I wear my "Cheese is Good" t-shirt. Muh in-laws loved it and couldn't stop saying it to me even a couple of days later. That shirt is truly a powerful shirt. I wish I had gotten half the response to muh "Ninja Assassin" shirt that muh "Cheese is Good" shirt got.

4. One of the coolest things in the world is a thunderstorm. One of the coolest things cooler than a thunderstorm is watching a thunderstorm from the third floor of an all glass wall of windows over the ocean. One of the coolest things cooler than the last sentence is doing it with your honey ... with a cold beer.

5. Many lessons... and now I am home... for a few days... already learning a few new things on top of it... Smooches to all... especially muh wife and puppy-ish... best dog in the whole world.

No comments: